COVID-19 and Your Services
At Manos Home Care, our biggest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our clients and direct support staff who provide our services.
We know how vital our services are your quality of life and are committed to supporting all of you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
While the situation with COVID-19 is developing rapidly and changing daily, please rest assure that we are actively monitoring and acting on all appropriate advice from government and health authorities. We are confident that you can continue to safely use our services during these challenging times.
Our Direct Support Providers (DSPs) and administrative staff take their responsibility in protecting you and your family very seriously, and we support them to work safely and to isolate when necessary.
As a result of reduced staff available, it may be necessary to make changes to your services, and you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting Client Support Services.
We appreciate your patience and kindness during this time and will do everything possible to move back to our normal service operations are quickly as we can.
Five protection principles we’re using day-to-day
Our DSPs are following five protection principles to ensure that services can be delivered as safely as possible. We’re urging clients and their families to follow these principles too.
- Stay home if you’re unwell and notify the authorized representative of your client
- Answer the pre-screening questions accurately before each visit
- Practice social distancing whenever and wherever possible
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks and facial coverings
- Practice good infection control by washing your hands frequently with soap and water
For new clients, Manos is adapting our enrollment procedures based on the COVID-19 risk in the area according to the health officer of each county to ensure a safe sign-up experience.
In locations where risk is rising or high, we will minimize face to face contact and wear appropriate PPE as we complete service plans, enrollment documentation, and safety checks.
Help protect our staff
We ask that each authorized representative of our clients review the list of pre-screening questions before each visit to determine whether it’s safe to receive services.
It’s incredibly important to answer these questions accurately and to note any details that may have changed since our last visit.
You can also assist by calling the office or your DSP to reschedule if you, the client, or someone else in the home
- Have been exposed to COVID-19
- Are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Ae awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Are confirmed as having COVID-19
In the meantime, here is some information from our community partners that may be helpful for use during the pandemic:
- See California Department of Public Health guidance here
- For plain language information on COVID-19, see this 8-page booklet created by and for people with developmental disabilities
- The California Department of Social Services has issued guidance and PINS for licensed adult and senior care services here